Residential real estate is a perfect fit for me. I love interacting with people, getting to know them as individuals and discovering how I can help them buy or sell a home. My goal is always to develop a long-term relationship where my clients feel like they can call me at any time to discuss anything real estate related.
Real estate is like any other market; it has its quirks and is always changing which makes it extremely important to stay on top of. I pride myself in knowing what is going on in the market and offering advice regarding the possibilities for not just the present but for the future as well. At the end of the day, the market can be stressful, add to that the stress of buying or selling a home and that is what I enjoy doing; I enjoy taking the burden off of the buyer and seller and making the process as simple as possible.
I take great pride in education and learning how to better serve my clientele, which is why I have taken the necessary steps to become a Managing Broker in Washington and a Broker (equivalent to a managing broker) in California as well as an expert in some very crucial fields that benefit my clients. These include but are not limited to:
* ABR: I have received the ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative) accreditation which means that I have taken continuing education specifically designed to assist buyers with the purchase of their new home.
* ALHS: Because of my unique clientele I received the ALHS (Accredited Luxury Home Specialist) designation which helps me serve my clients and their unique needs in ways that most other agents cannot.
* CNE: Negotiation is what many of my clients pay me for, and for that reason it was very important to me that I further my skills in negotiation by taking an extensive program that resulted in my CNE (Certified Negotiation Expert) accreditation. These skills help me to negotiate the best possible outcome for all of my clients.
* BPOR: This certification (Broker Price Opinion Resource) is an extensive course teaching agents how to appropriately value a piece of real estate. Having this designation makes my opinion highly sought after not only by home owners and potential buyers, but also by financial institutions, insurance companies and other industries who financially back real estate.
* CMPS: This is the coveted Compass designation which is awarded to those who participate in a rigorous 3-day seminar in which they learn how to not only market themselves, but more importantly how to market their client’s homes in a very competitive market.
I graduated from Arizona State University where I studied finance and communications. While attending school I worked for Grubb & Ellis BRE in downtown Phoenix focusing on retail property. After graduating and deciding that the heat was too much to bear, I moved to beautiful Del Mar in San Diego, CA where I continued to work in the field of real estate. I was working on the marketing side of real estate when I realized that my passion was “the deal.” I later returned to commercial real estate where I worked for Marcus & Millichap specializing in Seniors Housing. In 2010 it was time to move on and I began my own residential firm called CA Realty Group. Ultimately, I was doing a lot a management and began to once again, miss “the deal.” I went through an arduous process of picking a new brokerage to hang my hat with and Sotheby’s International Realty proved to be the best fit for me. Now, as a managing broker at Sotheby’s International Realty, I am able to pull from all of my previous real estate experiences to help my clients reach a satisfying conclusion to all of their transactions.
Tacoma is “Grit City” and that’s what I love about it and why I am happy to be home with my wife Allison and two boys, Cooper and Keegan. Everyone in and around Tacoma has an edge, a willingness to work hard to get their goals met and the job done. These characteristics are what drives me to be the best for my clients. Here, people work hard so they can play baseball in the mud during the spring, enjoy the best, shortest summers in the US and hit the mountains in the winter. I love this place and the people that call it home